Monday, January 7, 2013

Creamy Cheesy Potatoes

I found this recipe on Pinterest and decided that I needed to try it out (Click here for the original site).  I love potatoes au gratin, especially more than just a plain baked potato or mashed potatoes.  You just can't beat cheesy, creamy deliciousness.  And this recipe was so easy to make--I even made it for Thanksgiving!!

Now, this recipe differs from regular, joe-schmoe  potatoes au gratin; instead of slicing the pots, you cut them up french fry style.  I don't know why, but I think they taste better this way (my theory is the cheese and cream get to each fry).  And they are less messy to eat...no prying the slices apart or trying to politely stuff a hot slice in your mouth. 

All you need are 5-6 medium sized potatoes, 9-13 Pyrex dish, 2 cups whipping cream (not ideal for the calorie counter...), 2 cups sharp chedder cheese, sprinkle of parmesan, and S&P.  I also add a little ham, but you don't have to.  That's it!

Skin and cut potatoes french fry style and place in dish.  Pour cream and evenly sprinkle cheeses and add small amount of S&P (you can add more after it's done to taste).  Cover with foil and bake at 400 for 1 hour--you can lower the rack for the last bit to let the bottom get a little crispier. 


And done!  It's unbelievably delicious and I always save a bit for leftovers the next day (if I can wait that long)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...