Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

Handsome Taylor and I had a wonderful Valentine's Day.  Well, I celebrated the first part of the day in the dentist's office (last time!), and then the rest of the afternoon in my kitchen (I had yesterday off from work).  Since I'm still on a budget, I couldn't really go crazy and buy him a diamond watch or anything, so I did the next best thing.  I baked. :)

Now I'm not much of a baker, especially since I don't have any tools necessary for mixing and creating wonderfully yummy things.

Anyway, I did the best that I could with Ms. Betty Crocker, my IKEA wisk, some icing, and of course, Valentine's Day cookie cutouts (that I decided were much better used on cake) and came up with this...

Strawberry...mmmm...and colorfully appropriate for Valentine's Day <3
The icing I made with some butter, powdered sugar, a little cream and vanilla, food coloring, and love.  It's delicious!
Aren't the hearts cute??  (Thanks Target)

This was the card I made (now...I got a similar idea off the internet, so I can't really take all the credit, but at least it was hand-made!).  And in case you can't tell, I do really love sharks :)

The inside of the card :)  Hahahaha!

Wal-lah!  The final product!

Well, Handsome Taylor took me out to dinner at a great sushi restaraunt in downtown Charlotte.  And of course, we got to dress up which made it so much more fun and romantic.  The sushi was fantastic!!  I had the volcano roll (which I now swear by and will probably compare all other sushi to), and he had a roll with...(if you know him, this shouldn't be a surprise)...jalapeños.

Happy Valentine's Day! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...